Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yard Sales...

I got these handmade costumes for what? $3 a piece-the norm that I've been paying for kids costumes? about $30 each. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell was what I was thinking for this year and it must've been in the cards for them because it was sold at a yard sale last Saturday and Jack looks so stinkin' cute in the little cap!!




As a pre-teen I remember being mortified as my mother would bring home her finds from yard sales. How could she bring home USED clothes, and other misc. items? Didn't she know that someone might see me wearing their "old" clothes or shoes-especially where we grew up and everyone knew everyone. Well, now that I am a mother of two I've changed my entire opinion of yard sales- I LOVE THEM!! The past couple Saturdays I've been able to get up before the kids and go out and get some good deals, it is such a "high" to score on items that I would've spent two to three times more and in some instances even more than that. It's funny as you get older the types of things that you find pleasure in-what a difference 10 years has made.. This turkey plate was just $1-perfect for Thanksgiving!!








This cute bench was $5-which I talked down from $10-yes I actually haggle-but hey it was worth it!!


This is one of the absolute best deals!! I got this for $5-do you know how much these are at the store? At least $80-$90-and the guy who sold it to me I don't even think he had a clue!!

5 comments:

Mom Conkle said...

Hey! I knew I could teach you something! Those costumes are so adorable- great finds!

Ryan and Bryanne said...

I love the costumes, so cute! I love garage sales too, I like to find old antique things to decorate my house.

Jenny said...

That's awesome about the costumes, they are so cute! I haven't even started thinking about that for the boys yet. I love yard sales too, it must run in the Conkle genes.

Lewis Family said...

Hey Tracy- It's Emily again. Great deals you found! Especially the costumes- sooo cute!!! I have 4 kiddos now (5 including Christopher) Eli will be 13 next month and just started 7th grade, Noah is 7 and in 2nd grade, Jonah is 4 and Hannah will be 2 next month. Amy is great. She and her hubby and daughter Sarah-6 live just outside Vegas. She told me to mention blueberry poptarts! haha. :) ~Emily

annie said...

Hi Tracey--This is a great blog! Your kids are adorable and Halloween is going to be fun for you guys. Our little Charlie is going to be Peter Pan, too! Looking forward to the next October and seeing you and your family :) Annie (Joanie's sister)