Wednesday, August 6, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The quake was initially estimated at 5.6, then revised to 5.8, but has been since has been downgraded to a magnitude-5.4 by the U.S. Geological Survey. At least 27 aftershocks quickly followed, according to USGS seismologist Kate Hutton from Caltech. The largest were magnitude-3.8. There were actually more than 90 aftershocks after all was said and done.

Hello, all just wanted to say that we are just fine from last Tuesday's earthquake. To be honest I was a little shaken up for the rest of the day. I was at work and when it initally started shaking we just thought it was truck passing by (because at times when a truck passes by it does rattle the doors), but then it continued to get stronger. All of us were okay, only a couple tiles from the ceiling shifted but everything was still intact. I immediately called Viany, who was watching Jack and Alice last week, and I couldn't reach her. This is when I started to get scared and a little frantic. We couldn't make phone calls from either our cells or office land lines. Well, once I heard back from Viany (about 20 min later) Alice and Jack were not even aware of what had just happened so my mind was a little more at ease once I spoke to them.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh My Gosh! I'm so glad you all are o.k., I would be freaking out about not getting a hold of the kids, yikes. Glad you're all fine. Did it do any major damage there?

Love the blog background, cute!

Josh said...

Holy crap, I hadn't even heard about an earthquake. Apparently my Midwestern head has been buried underground. Awesome to hear everyone is alllllright!

Love,
Josh