Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Visit with Grandma :-)


Grandma with the boys (Alice already at school for the day)
Grandma with Max-can you believe he is only 2 months? He's huge already-but I love it!!

Mom's Visit was too short for all of us. She came to help me out with the new baby but I think he was the least of our worries. We tried to take the kids to as many different "kid friendly" places as we could just to tire them out. Also, they got a kick out of Grandma reading books, and reading and reading, I'm surprised she didn't lose her voice!! I know I will miss her being her in the mornings when I just had to get Alice ready for school now I'll have to get all three monkeys ready!! I definitely appreciate all she did while she was here and always get sad when she leaves (although I think she was glad to get back to her much more serene and non-chaotic life!!)


I found this park in Irvine, it has a mini train that gives you a tour of all the different things you can do. Here everyone is getting ready for the train ride..They also had pony rides that both Alice and Jack did and they have a little zoo inside the park as well.. It was a cheap way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Taking a breather at the zoo. It was a little muggy that day.
These pictures are of us going to the Children's Museum. This is a really fun and interactive place for kids to play and learn. The only problem was we chose a day when it was free to get in (unknowingly) so it was too packed for us to even move and enjoy ourselves!
This area is teaching the kids all about the different modes of transportation. Of course Jackie loves the race car!!


Here's Alice on a life sized horse!

They have a real train just outside of the museum that the kids can go in and sit and there is even a compartment that is on the upper level that they can climb up into as well.


You can't really see what this is but it has all the different organs inside this stuffed "person" that the kids are supposed to put back inside.

3 comments:

Mom Conkle said...

I had so much fun with the kids! Thanks for everything!

Margaret said...

Your baby is cute and so big! You have a very sweet family.

Ryan and Bryanne said...

I can't wait to see your little ones! They are so adorable! I love the picture of Jack winking, too cute. Love you guys see ya soon.